Wednesday 2 September 2015

New Month, New Season, New You

I can't believe it's September already! Where has the year gone?!
(I say this every year, but I swear they just keep going quicker and quicker.)

Although September does mark the end of summer, I can't help but feel ridiculously excited for what the next few months will bring.

Autumn is my favourite season. I love everything about it. The crisp weather, cosy sweaters, baking pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, all the warm, pretty colours, fluffy socks, mulled wine, bonfire night, spending whole afternoons in Starbucks filling up on hot chocolate and vanilla-spiced lattes, halloween, crunchy leaves, rainy days, comfy boots, movie nights in by the fire. It's perfect.

I also love the feeling I get at the beginning of a new month. For me, it's a time to check in with myself and reflect on all my goals and desires. What has changed over the past month? How do I feel? In what areas of my life do I want to feel different? Etc.

So this week I'm challenging you to make a commitment to yourself. Spend some time reflecting, journalling, relaxing, and make a list of all the things you'd like to achieve by the end of the month or year. It could be to start writing that book that you've been thinking about, to save and buy that coat that you've always dreamed of owning, plan next summer's holiday, or to simply start practicing yoga and eating healthier. Anything. Whatever you feel is good for you. 

September is a great time of the year to really start a fresh, let go of the old negative habits that are no longer serving you and take on something new. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. 

What is Autumn going to bring for you? 

B xo

2 comments:

  1. I love Autumn too! Everything about it makes me happy. It also brings the new school year, which means another fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best <3 yes! Another great time to make some new goals and intentions!

      Delete