Wednesday 26 August 2015

5 Ways to Find Balance and Be Happier Every Day

Recently I've been feeling a little "off" and not myself at all. I have spent pretty much every day lately waking up, practicing yoga, journalling, working out, eating super healthy, meditating and watching a bit of TV. Despite all of these things being things that I LOVE to do, and things that make me feel good inside, I've still felt disconnected.

That's when I realized, I'm being way too strict on myself. I've become so obsessed with what I'm eating and drinking, and choosing to stay in, that it just isn't healthy anymore. Where is the FUN?!?!

So this weekend I vow to let go of the calorie counting and all of the seriousness, and focus more on having a good time with friends. Life is way too short for anything else.

Here are 5 ways to find more balance and feel happier every day: 

- Mix it up: Balanced living isn't possible without a balanced body. Appreciate and feel grateful for your body. Take care of it. Choose more healthy choices that make you feel good. Remember, it is okay to eat well for 80% of the week and nourish your body with all that it needs, and then treat yourself without feeling guilty (I'm still learning the art of this).

- Have fun: If you've been working all week, make exciting plans for the weekends. Book trips away, plan fun activities, but also try to incorporate a bit of fun into the little things every day. Ask yourself, what would make eating breakfast fun? What would make this commute to work more FUN?

- Take alone time: If you're constantly in a social environment, or feeling super stressed and busy, take time for yourself. Take time at at least one point during the week to do something for you. Work on personal development, start writing a journal, or simply just run a bubble bath, put on some music, light the candles, turn off your phone and relax. Catch up on your favorite TV show with some snacks, or curl up with a good book. Whatever makes you feel good.

- Spend time with friends and loved ones: You can also find yourself spending too much time alone. It's all about balance. If you've been busy working, or simply just staying in, go out! Make plans with your friends, let down your hair and have a good time.

- Awareness: Make time to be a little more mindful. Meditate when it feels good to do so, spend time focusing on clearing your mind, live in the present and feel the joy of each moment. Practice gratitude and spend time consciously choosing more positive experiences. Look around you and see how incredible life really is.

These are habits that I incorporate into my life, they work for me and I hope they will work for you too. 

I'd love to hear of any other ways you find balance in the every day, let me know in the comments below!

Have a beautiful week

No comments:

Post a Comment