Friday 3 July 2015

3 Steps to Transform Your Relationships

Be Grateful 

Gratitude is the magic ingredient for success in any relationship.
As soon as you start feeling grateful for the other person, and focus on the good instead of only complaining about the bad, your circumstances will dramatically change.

When you complain about others, you’re only harming and blocking your own happiness.

From my own personal experiences, I have noticed huge shifts in my relationships whenever I have practiced gratitude. All irritations that once bothered me start to disappear, and problems begin to magically resolve. I feel more loving and forgiving and, as the law of attraction states, what we feel grateful for, we get more of. When you begin to feel grateful for all the good things in the relationship, more good things will appear.

By practicing gratitude for all the relationships in your life, you will see your relationships become stronger, more fulfilling, joyful and loving.

Practices for Gratitude

-       Each time you find yourself judging or complaining about anything in your relationships, take a second to be present with your thoughts and make the conscious effort to change them. Think about something that you’re grateful for about this person and really ignite the feeling of love and gratitude in your heart.

-       Take time to look through any pictures of you and the other person in your relationship and feel grateful for all the beautiful memories you have, all the good times you have shared together.

Be Open

Intimate relationships can be one of life’s biggest struggles, but they can also be the most rewarding and fulfilling.

Relationships are a playground for all of our fears to show up and challenge us.

They magnify all of our emotions, and being open to these feelings can be scary, especially if we haven’t dealt with past wounds.  

When we’re avoiding being vulnerable and open in a relationship, it is often a defense mechanism to protect ourselves from being hurt, and usually as a result leaves us feeling empty and unhappy.

In order to have a fulfilling and successful relationship in the present, you have to be brave enough to face your fears, deal with all of your past heartbreaks, betrayals, forgive them and move on.
Be open to loving and receiving love.

Affirmations for Being Open and More Loving

Practice these affirmations by repeating them to yourself throughout the day, write them down repeatedly, say them in your mind over and over again, or stick them on post-its around your room for you to see as a constant reminder. You can practice these in whatever way works best for you. Even if you don’t believe what you’re saying right away, when you repeat an affirmation enough, it naturally becomes believable and true for you.

Letting go of myself is safe.
I deserve to love and be loved.
My heart is always open and I radiate love.
Be Kind and Forgive

Being in a state of constant kindness, love, and care is a real challenge in our romantic relationships.
Often we try to control our relationships to protect ourselves from getting hurt. In conflict we react with blame, judgement, resistance, resentment, anger, and lose our sense of joy, love, kindness and forgiveness.

We cannot be kind to others without being kind to ourselves.

Forgive yourself for anything you’re holding on to and feeling guilty about.

Start being kinder to yourself today, develop a self-care practice and be more forgiving whenever your partner does something that irritates you.

Whenever I feel myself becoming judgmental, irritable and unloving, I say to myself “I choose to see love instead of this” and “peace begins with me”. Repeating these over and over in my mind really works for me and enables me to begin to see the situation differently.


I’d love to know if any of these practices help you, feel free to share and comment below <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment